Workshop Date and Time
Monday, March 6, 2017, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Eye & Vision Changes Related to Cancer Treatments
- Causes & Risk Factors
- Discussion of Common Eye & Vision Changes
- Tips to Manage Dry Eyes, Watery Eyes, Itching Eyes, Blepharitis, Loss of Eyelashes, Changes in Vision & Field of Vision, Cataracts, Floaters & Flashing Lights
- The Role of the Multidisciplinary Team
- Tips to Manage Low Vision
- How Eye Products May Help You Deal with Eye & Vision Changes
- Clinical Trials
- How Research Contributes to Your Eye & Vision Care
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team
- Guidelines for Eye Examinations & Check Ups
- Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Accreditation Surveyor American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
Miguel A. Materin, MD
Professor of Ophthalmology, Director, Ophthalmic Oncology, Duke University Eye Center
Dan S. Gombos, MD, FACS
Professor and Section Chief, Section of Ophthalmology, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Associate Professor, Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine – Ophthalmology
Brian Marr, MD
Associate Attending Surgeon, Ophthalmic Oncology Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Stacy Lewis, MSW, ACHP-SW
Women’s Cancers Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
This program has been submitted for 1.0 Contact Hour to social workers by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607. This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
For New York State Licensed Social Workers: Cancer Care Inc. SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour for the live program only.
For Nurses: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider # CEP16521, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
To receive the continuing education paperwork, please email email@example.com with your name, title and address. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(81.1 KB)