Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Medication Costs and Adherence: The Importance of Taking Your Pills on Schedule
- The Role of the Interdisciplinary Health Care Team
- How to Manage the Costs of Cancer
- Survey of the Financial Resources Available
- What to Do When Your Claims are Denied: The Appeals Process
- How to Access Financial Assistance Programs
- Linking You to Needed Resources
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Edith P. Mitchell, MD, MACP, FCPP
Clinical Professor of Medicine and Medical Oncology, Program Director, Gastrointestinal Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Assistant Director of Diversity Programs, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University
Guadalupe R. Palos, RN, MSW, DrPH
Assistant Professor, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Symptom Research
Debra J. Wolf, Esq.
Senior Attorney, LegalHealth, New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG)
Senior Director of the CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation, CancerCare
Jane Levy, MSW
Director of Patient Assistance Programs
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
This workshop was originally recorded on June 22, 2011.