Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer, in the Context of COVID & Seasonal Flu
- The Important Role of the Caregiver in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Your Important Role in Decision Making
- Taking on the Role of Caregiving
- What Research Tells Us about Caregivers
- Caregiving for Your Loved One with Metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer
- Challenges in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Discussion of OpenNotes & Follow-Up Appointments
- Coping with Each Day, On Special Occasions, Holidays & Birthdays
- Managing Family and Friends
- Long Distance Caregiving
- Self-Care & Stress Management Recommendations to Manage the Stress of Caregiving
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Wade Smith, MD
Breast Cancer Specialist, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Newport Beach, California
Guadalupe R. Palos, DrPH, MSW, RN
Former Clinical Protocol Administration Manager, Office of Cancer Survivorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center; Author and Researcher in Health Care Disparities, Caregiving & Survivorship
Neena Kapoor-Hintzen, MSN, ANP-C
Supportive Care Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Practice Provider Manager, Supportive Care, Geriatric Oncology, and Integrative Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Hayley Dinerman, JD
Co-Founder and Executive Director, Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation®
Sam Fortune, MSW
Women’s Cancers Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop