Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Friday, June 30, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Early Stage Breast Cancer, including Diagnosis & Staging
- Communicating with the Breast Cancer Health Care Team: Key Questions to Ask
- Diagnostic Testing & Technologies, including Hormone Status, Biomarkers, Genomics & Genetic Testing
- What Specialists Comprise the Health Care Team: Medical Oncologist, Radiation Oncologist & Surgical Oncologist
- Current Standard of Care and New & Emerging Treatment Approaches
- The Importance of Adherence: Taking Treatment on Schedule
- Discussion of Clinical Trials: How Clinical Trials Add to Treatment Options
- The Role of Genetic Counseling
- Preventing & Managing Treatment Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Communicating with the Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Guidelines for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Follow-Up Appointments
- Questions for Our Expert Speakers
Our Panel of Experts
Anne Blaes, MD, MS
Professor of Medicine and Division Director, University of Minnesota, Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, Director of Cancer Survivorship Services and Translational Research, Masonic Cancer Center (MCC), Member, Masonic Cancer Center (MCC), Section Lead, Medical Oncology, Hematologist/Oncologist, Past Chair, American Society of Clinical Oncology’s Cancer Survivorship Committee, Member, Executive Board, Global Cardiooncology Society, Associate Editor, JACC Cardio-oncology, Section Editor, Hem/Onc Today on Survivorship
Wade Smith, MD
Breast Cancer Specialist, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope
Sarah Sammons, MD
Associate Director, Metastatic Breast Cancer Program, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Jennifer LaPietra, MSW
Bilingual Oncology Social Worker, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop