Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Friday, May 5, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Metastatic Melanoma, including Diagnosing and Staging, in the Context of COVID & Omicron
- New Treatment Approaches
- Targeted Therapy & the Role of Precision Medicine
- The Role of Immunotherapy
- Clinical Trial Updates
- Follow-Up Care
- Tips for Caring for Your Skin During Cancer Treatments
- Controlling Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Key Questions to Ask When Communicating with Your Health Care Team
- Preparing for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Jennifer N. Choi, MD
Professor of Dermatology, Chief, Divisions of Oncodermatology and Medical Dermatology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
Gregory A. Daniels, MD, PhD
Professor of Medicine, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center
Michael K. Wong, MD, PhD, FRCPC
Professor, Cutaneous Cancers, Medical Oncology, Executive Director, Integration and Program Development, Cancer Network, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Shaheer A. Khan, DO
Assistant Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Kyleigh LiPira, MBA
Chief Executive Officer, Melanoma Research Foundation
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians:This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop