The CancerCare Corporate Circle of Hope (COH) is a group aimed at facilitating ongoing communication, dialogue, as well as the meaningful exchange of ideas, perspectives, resources, and insights between key CancerCare stakeholders and representatives of biotechnology, device and pharmaceutical companies – with the shared goal of improving the lives of cancer patients and their loved ones.
A central objective of the CancerCare Corporate COH is to create an ongoing forum and schedule of events where CancerCare staff, clients, patient advocates, and industry can come together regularly – and through continued dialogue – to help improve patient engagement, address disparities in access to treatment and needed resources, identify issues among underserved populations, and enhance outcomes for cancer patients.
Participants in the CancerCare Corporate COH will meet twice per year. In addition, participants will also have access to special CancerCare programs, attendance at key events, and appropriate subscriptions/updates.
During the meetings, CancerCare will discuss and provide updates on the latest findings from its non-clinical research projects, and share insights on issues of special importance to cancer patients and caregivers, including:
- Diagnosis, treatment decisions and planning
- Clinical trials
- Communicating with the healthcare team, how they see their care teams, roles of various providers, support for emotional and practical distress
- Insurance and financial issues, including financial distress, treatment compromises, insurance issues, access to treatment and resources
- Quality of life; symptom/side effect management
- End-of-life and bereavement issues
For more information on the CancerCare Corporate Circle of Hope, please contact Lisa Kimbro, Senior Vice President/Chief Business Development and Alliance Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are grateful to our Corporate Circle of Hope Members