CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week live support group for people diagnosed with lung cancer in New York and New Jersey who are receiving a form of active treatment of treatment for either Small Cell or Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduce feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle that will start in October 2022. This support group takes place on Wednesdays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or contact Charlotte Ference, LMSW, at 212-712-6147 or firstname.lastname@example.org.