CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week live support group for adults ages 40+ living in New York and New Jersey who have been diagnosed with cancer and who have completed their treatment. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living through post-treatment survivorship.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle, which begins on October 15, 2020. This group meets on Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
This cycle of this support group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673).