CancerCare is offering a free, 6-week telephone support group for those impacted by COVID-19 who have been diagnosed with cancer and are receiving a form of active treatment or have completed treatment within the past 3 months. Treatment may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis during a public health emergency.
This group is led by a professional oncology social worker and will run for six weeks.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduce feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress while practicing social distancing
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping with lifestyle changes, treatment adjustments and uncertainty related to the pandemic
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about managing changes to your treatment schedule and daily routine
- Provide you with resources in your community
This group is currently full.