Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Triple Negative Breast Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- New Research on TNBC Presented at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS)
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer-Specific Treatment Updates
- The Important Role of Surgery in the Treatment of Triple Negative Breast Cancer
- Updates on Clinical Trials in Advancing Treatment Choices
- The Increasing Role of Diagnostic Testing, Biomarkers & Genetic Testing in Informing Treatment Options
- Investigational New Therapies in Clinical Trials
- New Developments in the Prevention & Management of Treatment Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Communicating with the Health Care Team with Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, List of Questions, Adherence, Follow-Up Care & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team
- Questions for our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Virginia Kaklamani, MD, DSc
Professor of Medicine, Ruth McLean Bowman Bowers Chair in Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, A.B. Alexander Distinguished Chair in Oncology, Leader, Breast Oncology Program, UT Health San Antonio, MD Anderson Cancer Center
Minetta C. Liu, MD
Professor and Research Chair, Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Oncology, Consultant, Division of Anatomic Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Medical Director, Office of Specialty Collaborations and Contracts, Co-Leader, Genomics in Action Strategic Priority, Center for Individualized Medicine, Mayo Clinic
Kamel Abou Hussein, MD
Lead Physician, Breast Medical Oncology, MD Anderson at Cooper Cancer Center
Lisa A. Newman, MD, MPH, FACS, FASCO, FSSO
Chief, Division of Breast Surgery, Director, Interdisciplinary Breast Program, Medical Director and Founder, International Center for the Study of Breast Cancer Subtypes, Weill Cornell Medicine/NewYork Presbyterian Hospital Network, 2nd Vice President, American College of Surgeons
Sylvia Adams, MD, MSCI
Director, Breast Cancer Center Perlmutter Cancer Center at NYU Langone Health Professor, Department of Medicine NYU Grossman School of Medicine
Hayley Dinerman, JD
Co-Founder and Executive Director, Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation®
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dieticians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork: Please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(126 KB)