Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Understanding Precision Medicine: Overview & Value of Precision Medicine
- How Precision Medicine is Different from Targeted Treatments?
- Precision Medicine’s Role in Informing Treatment Decisions: Predicting Response to Treatment
- The Role of Precision Medicine in Deciding the Treatment for Lung Cancer, Lymphoma, Leukemia, Colon Cancer & Breast Cancer
- Talking with Your Health Care Team about Precision Medicine & Its Benefits
- The Role of the Pathologist
- OpenNotes - Asking Your Healthcare Team & Pathologist to Help You Understand OpenNotes
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- How Precision Medicine Contributes to Treatment Options & Quality of Life
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & Prepared List of Questions on Precision Medicine & OpenNotes
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Generosa Grana, MD, FACP
Medical Director, MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, Division Head, Hematology & Medical Oncology, The Cooper Health System, Professor of Medicine, Cooper Medical School at Rowan University
Michael J. Mauro, MD
Leader, Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Program, Member, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor, Weill Cornell Medicine
Kathryn C. Arbour, MD
Assistant Attending, Thoracic Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Joseph Khoury, MD, FCAP
Professor, Division of Pathology & Lab Medicine, Department of Hematopathology, Medical Director, Clinical Expansion, Division of Pathology & Lab Medicine, Executive Director, MD Anderson Cancer Network, Division of Pathology & Lab Medicine, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(75.4 KB)