Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, June 3, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Taking on the Role of Caregiving: Your Important Role in Decision Making
- Caring for Your Loved One with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, in the Context of COVID-19
- Challenges in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Your Role in Adherence: Weekends & Holidays
- Coping with Each Day, Special Occasions, Anniversaries & Birthdays
- Managing Family, Friends and Traditions, in the Context of COVID-19
- Long Distance Caregiving
- Self-Care Tips for Managing Stress
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & Prepared List of Questions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Adam S. Kittai, MD
Assistant Professor, Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center Nursing Department, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Co-Founder and Director of Communications, CLL Society Inc.
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(122 KB)