Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Updates on Bladder Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- The Important Role of the Caregiver in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Helping to Manage Your Loved One’s Treatment, including Adherence & Follow-Up Care
- Stresses, Challenges and Rewards of Caregiving
- Managing Family, Friends, Partners and Traditions, in the Context of COVID-19
- Coping with Holidays, Birthdays, Anniversaries & Special Occasions
- Long Distance Caregivers
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & List of Prepared Questions
- Remembering to Take Care of Yourself
- Self-Care & Stress Management Tips
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Robert S. Svatek, MD, MSCI
Professor, Acting Chair, Department of Urology, Mays Cancer Center at UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center Nursing Department, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Stephanie Chisolm, PhD
Director of Education and Research, Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians:This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(99.8 KB)