Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, May 6, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of the Treatment of Multiple Myeloma, in the Context of COVID-19
- Current Standard of Care
- Clinical Trial Updates, in the Context of COVID-19
- How Research Contributes to Your Treatment Options
- New Treatment Approaches
- The Role of Transplantation
- Managing Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Reducing Complications of Bone Disease
- Talking with Your Treatment Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Practical Tips for Management of Side Effects, Symptoms, Neuropathy & Pain
- Lifestyle, Physical Activity & Mobility Tips to Improve Your Quality-of-Life
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth Appointments with Your Health Care Team
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Andrew J. Yee, MD
Instructor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Center for Multiple Myeloma, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
Matthew J. Butler, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, Mays MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT Health San Antonio
Elizabeth K. O’Donnell, MD
Director, Lifestyle Clinic, Massachusetts General Hospital, Associate Director, Mass General Cancer Center’s Survivorship Program, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Donna Wilson, RN, MSN, RRT
Clinical Fitness Specialist, Integrative Medicine Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Founder & Head Coach, Empire Dragon Boat Team, BCS/ACS
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(79.2 KB)