Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, May 13, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- What is Graft vs. Host Disease (GVHD) Post Allogeneic Stem Cell or Bone Marrow Transplantation?
- Understanding How GVHD Develops
- Finding GVHD Early, in the Context of COVID-19
- Common Signs & Symptoms of GVHD
- Types of GVHD: Chronic and Acute
- Current Standard of Care for Managing GVHD
- New & Promising Treatment Approaches for GVHD
- Clinical Trials Updates
- How Research Increases Treatment Options
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about GVHD
- Follow-Up Care Appointments
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Your Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointment, including Technology & List of Questions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Samer Al-Homsi, MD, MBA
Professor of Clinical Medicine, New York University, Director of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Perlmutter Cancer Center, NYU Langone Health
Yi-Bin Chen, MD, MS
Director, Hematopoietic Cell Transplant & Cell Therapy Program, Cara J. Rogers Endowed Scholar, Massachusetts General Hospital, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Markus Y. Mapara, MD, PhD
Professor of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, Director, Bone Marrow Transplantation and Cell Therapy Program, College of Physicians and Surgeons
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(80.7 KB)