Workshop Date and Time
Monday, March 8, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Colorectal Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- New & Emerging Treatment Approaches
- Genomics: Predicting Response to Treatment
- Role of Precision Medicine & Targeted Cancer Therapies
- Clinical Trial Updates
- Managing Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Nutrition and Hydration Concerns and Tips
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team
- Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Telehealth & Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & List of Questions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Al B. Benson, III, MD, FACP, FASCO
Professor of Medicine, Associate Director for Cooperative Groups, Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University
Tanios Bekaii-Saab, MD, FACP
Leader, Gastrointestinal Cancer Program, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Professor, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, Consultant, Mayo Clinic in Arizona
Leonard Saltz, MD
Medical Oncologist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(77 KB)