Workshop Date and Time
Monday, February 22, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Advanced Skin Cancers, including Advanced Basal Cell Cancers and Advanced Squamous Cell Cancers
- Standard of Care
- New Treatment Approaches
- The Emerging Role of Targeted Therapy & Genomics
- Clinical Trial Updates
- How Research Contributes to Your Treatment Options
- Managing Treatment Side Effects, Discomfort & Pain
- Tips for Caring for Your Skin During Cancer Treatments
- Sun, Wind & Cold Weather Safety Tips
- Guidelines for Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth & Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & List of Questions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Michael K. Wong, MD, PhD, FRCPC
Professor of Medicine, Cutaneous Cancers, Medical Oncology, Executive Director, Integration and Program Development, Cancer Network, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Mario E. Lacouture, MD
Director, Oncodermatology Program, Member Attending Physician, Dermatology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Dermatology, Weill Cornell Medicine
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(77.5 KB)