Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, December 10, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Blood Cancers, in the Context of COVID-19
- New Research Presented at ASH
- Disease-Specific Treatment Updates from ASH on Leukemia, Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma and Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPN)
- The Role of Precision Medicine & Clinical Trials
- Talking with Your Health Care Team about Your Treatment Options
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team with Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for These Appointments
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team
- Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Peter Martin, MD
Chief, Lymphoma Program, Associate Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medicine, Associate Attending Physician, NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
Michael J. Mauro, MD
Leader, Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Program, Member, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor, Weill Cornell Medicine
William I. Bensinger, MD
Myeloma & Transplant Program, Swedish Cancer Institute
Ruben A. Mesa, MD, FACP
Director, Mays Cancer Center at UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson, Mays Family Foundation Distinguished University Presidential Chair, Professor of Medicine, UT Health San Antonio Cancer Center – An NCI Designated Cancer Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork: Please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(75.2 KB)