Workshop Date and Time
Monday, October 26, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Infection, Its Prevention & Management in People Living with Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Causes & Risk Factors for Infections
- Why People Living with Cancer May Be More Prone to Infection
- Know Your Risk of Infection
- What is AMR (Antimicrobial Resistance)?
- Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Antimicrobial Resistance
- Signs of Infection
- Parts of the Body Most Likely to Get Infection
- Watching For & Preventing Infection in People Living with Cancer
- The Role of Vaccinations & Flu Shots
- Working with Your Health Care Team to Prevent Your Risk of Infection
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Jeffrey Crawford, MD
George Barth Geller Professor for Research in Cancer, Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Co-Leader, Solid Tumor Therapeutics Program, Principal Investigator of NCTN LAPS Grant, Duke Cancer Institute
Ashley Morris Engemann, PharmD, BCOP, CPP
Clinical Pharmacist, DukeHealth, Duke University Health System, Clinical Associate in the Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine
Ruth E. Berggren, MD, MACP
Professor of Medicine, Director, Center for Medical Humanities & Ethics, UT Health San Antonio
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(68.9 KB)