Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Role of Caregivers in Care Coordination for People Living with Cancer & Other Health Problems
- Tips for Communicating with the Health Care Team about Care Coordination
- What Research Tells Us about Caregivers, including Long Distance Caregivers
- Coordinating Your Loved One’s Care & Follow-Up Appointments
- Discussion of Adherence – Taking Your Pills on Schedule
- Planning Ahead with Your Pharmacist – Lead Time in Refilling Prescriptions & Planning for Visitors, Weekends, Special Occasions, Travel & Holidays
- Accessing Resources for the Cost of Care, including Homecare
- Finding the Practical Help You Need: Co-Pay Foundations and Federal, State & Local Programs
- Legal Advocacy Tips for Caregivers
- Learning How to Appeal Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid & Provider Denials
- Other Resources: VA Benefits & FMLA
- Tips on Choosing Community & Medical Resources to Improve Your Quality-of-Life
- Time Saving Self-Care & Advocacy Tips for Caregivers
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Jeffrey Crawford, MD
George Barth Geller Professor for Research in Cancer, Department of Medicine, Co-Leader Solid Tumor Therapeutics Program, Duke Cancer Institute
Erin E. Kent, PhD, MS
Associate Professor, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (UNC, Department of Health Policy and Management, Gillings School of Public Health, Full Member, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
Domna Antoniadis, JD
Staff Attorney, LegalHealth, New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG)
Georgie Cusack, MS, RN, AOCNS
Director of Education and Patient Safety, Office of the Clinical Director, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Adjunct Nurse Leader, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health
Victoria Puzo, MSW
Online Support Group Program Manager, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(91.2 KB)