Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Understanding the Meaning of Work
- Talking with Your Health Care Team about Work
- Managing Your Cancer Treatments while Working
- Understanding Your Legal Protections in the Workplace
- Disclosure & Communication with Human Resources, Supervisors, and Co-Workers
- Solutions to Address Workplace Challenges
- Tips to Creating a Plan to Continue Working
- Disability – Short Term, Long Term, SSD, SSI
- The Importance of Self-Advocacy
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Debra J. Wolf, Esq.
Senior Supervising Attorney, LegalHealth, New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG)
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(90.8 KB)