Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Definition of a Caregiver
- What Research Tells Us about Caregivers
- Deciding to Become a Caregiver
- Caring for Your Loved One with Prostate Cancer
- The Needs of Men Living with Prostate Cancer
- The Important Role of the Caregiver in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Care Coordination, Challenges & Tips
- Stresses of Family, Friends & Loved Ones
- Coping with Holidays, Birthdays & Special Occasions
- Managing Family, Friends, Partners & Traditions
- Long Distance Caregiving
- Practical Tips for Managing Caregivers’ Stress
- Key Strategies for Self-Care
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Susan Slovin, MD, PhD
Attending Physician, Genitourinary Oncology Service, Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Diseases, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Weill College of Cornell University
Erin E. Kent, PhD
Scientific Advisor for Outcomes Research Branch, Healthcare Delivery Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Educator, Research and Practice Development, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(82.2 KB)