Workshop Date and Time
Monday, June 25, 2018, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Definition of Genetics & Genomics
- The Importance of Genetic & Genomic Testing
- The Value of Early Testing to Inform Your Treatment Choices
- Their Role in Selecting Your Cancer Treatment
- Understanding Types of Gene Mutations
- The Difference Between Inherited & Acquired or Sporadic Gene Mutations
- The Role of the Pathologist
- How Genomic Testing Drives Your Cancer Treatment
- Current Research in Genomics
- Genomic Profiling May Identify Actionable Alterations
- Examples of How Genomics Identify Your State-of-the-Art Treatment
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Genetic and Genomic Testing
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Mark G. Kris, MD
Attending Physician, Thoracic Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
Raoul Tibes, MD, PhD
Director, Clinical Leukemia Program, Laura & Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center; Associate Professor, NYU School of Medicine, Scholar in Clinical Research, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, NYU Langone Health
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Nicole L. Bertsch, MS, LCGC
Certified Genetic Counselor, Department of Clinical Genomics, Mayo Clinic
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(79.1 KB)