Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Clinical Trials
- Why Clinical Trials Are Important as a Treatment Option
- Current Research in Triple Negative Breast Cancer
- Investigational New Drugs in Clinical Trials
- What Happens in a Clinical Trial
- The Meaning of Informed Consent
- Benefits & Risks of Participation
- How & Where Clinical Trials are Conducted
- How to Participate in Clinical Trials
- Specific Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Clinical Trials
- Accessing Resources for Clinical Trials
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Edith P. Mitchell, MD, FACP
Clinical Professor of Medicine and Medical Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Director, Center to Eliminate Cancer Disparities, Associate Director, Diversity Affairs, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson, 116th President National Medical Association
Matthew P. Goetz, MD
Consultant, Division of Medical Oncology, Professor of Oncology and Professor of Pharmacology, Co-Leader, Mayo Clinic Breast SPORE, Co-Leader, Women’s Cancer Program, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Chair, Breast Cancer Research Committee, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
Roberto A. Leon-Ferre, MD
Assistant Professor, Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic
Hayley Dinerman, JD
Co-Founder and Executive Director, Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation
Stacy Chilton, MSW, ACHP-SW
Women’s Cancers Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
This program has been submitted for 1.0 Contact Hour to social workers by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607.
This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
For New York State Licensed Social Workers: Cancer Care Inc. SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour for the live program only.
To receive the continuing education paperwork, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title and address. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(140 KB)