Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Colorectal Cancer, in the Context of COVID, Seasonal Flu and RSV
- Current Standard of Care
- The Increasing Number of Younger People Being Diagnosed with Colorectal Cancer
- New Treatment Approaches
- Predicting Response to Treatment
- Staging & Biomarker Testing
- The Role of Targeted Cancer Therapies
- Clinical Trial Updates
- How Research Contributes to Treatment Options
- Preventing & Managing Treatment Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Nutrition & Hydration Concerns & Tips
- Communicating with the Health Care Team About Quality-of-Life Concerns & Follow-Up Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, Including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Questions to Ask Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Al B. Benson, III, MD, FACP, FACCC, FASCO
Professor of Medicine, Associate Director for Cooperative Groups, Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University
Fiyinfolu Balogun, MD, PhD
Assistant Attending Physician, Gastrointestinal Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Director of Partnerships, Colorectal Cancer Alliance
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop