Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Wednesday, February 7, 2024, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Breast Cancer in Younger Women, Including Diagnosing, Staging
- ER, PR & HER2 Status
- Unique Issues for Younger Women Living with Breast Cancer
- Precision Medicine & Sequencing of Treatment
- Biomarker Testing & Genetic Testing, Including BRCA Testing
- What Informs Treatment Decisions & Options: Understanding Your Pathology Report
- Updates on Clinical Trials: How Research Increases Treatment Options
- Biomarkers Tools that Help Determine What Type Treatment Are Indicated - Surgery, Chemotherapy, Radiation & Targeted Treatments
- Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team
- Preventing & Managing Treatment Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort, Neuropathy & Pain
- Follow-Up Care
- Quality-of-Life Concerns, Including Sexual Health, Pregnancy & Fertility Issues
- Tips to Deal with Vaginal Dryness & Premature Menopause
- Practical & Emotional Coping Tips
- Questions to Ask Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Jennifer M. Matro, MD
Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, Co-Leader, Breast Disease Team, Division of Hematology/Oncology, UC San Diego Comprehensive Breast Health Team
Sharon L. Bober, PhD
Institute Psychologist, Department of Psycho-oncology and Palliative Care, Director, Sexual Health Program, Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Jennifer LaPietra, MSW
Bilingual Oncology Social Worker, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop