Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of the Treatment of Metastatic Prostate Cancer, in the Context of COVID & Seasonal Flu
- The Role of Precision Medicine
- New & Emerging Treatments for Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Advances in the Treatment of Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- The Role of Chemotherapy, Radiation Oncology & Targeted Treatments
- Updates on the Treatment & Care of Bone Metastases
- The Importance of Clinical Trials
- How Clinical Trials Contribute to Your Treatment Options
- Tips to Manage Treatment Side Effects, Discomfort & Pain
- The Role of Physical Activity
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments with Your Health Care Team, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Susan Slovin, MD, PhD
Attending Physician, Genitourinary Oncology Service, Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Diseases, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Weill College of Cornell University
Victoria Brennan, MBBch, BAO
Radiation Oncologist, Assistant Attending Radiation Oncologist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Andrew Roth, MD, FAPOS
Emeritus, Attending Psychiatrist, Memorial Hospital for Cancer and Allied Diseases, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Professor Emeritus of Clinical Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College
Elizabeth K. O’Donnell, MD
Clinical Director of Early Detection and Prevention of Cancer, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Jonathan Morrison, MSW
Oncology Social Worker, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop