Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Friday, April 14, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML), in the Context of COVID, Omicron & Seasonal Flu
- Current Treatment Options
- Transplantation as a Treatment Option for AML
- New & Emerging Therapies
- The Role of Clinical Trials
- How Clinical Trials Increase Treatment Options
- Side Effect, Symptom & Pain Management Tips
- Important Questions to Ask When Communicating with Your Health Care Team
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Quality-of-Life Concerns & Follow-Up Care
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Farhad Ravandi, MD
Janiece and Stephen A. Lasher Professor of Medicine, Chief, Section of Developmental Therapeutics, Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Eytan M. Stein, MD
Hematologic Oncologist, Clinical Trialist, Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Leukemia Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Director of Programs, Leukemia Research Foundation
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop