- Overview of Immunotherapy, in the Context of COVID, Omicron & Seasonal Flu
- Harnessing the Immune System in Treating Cancers, including Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Melanoma & Lymphoma
- Clinical Trial Updates: How Research Contributes to Your Treatment Options
- Examples of Immunotherapy in Prevention, Treatment & Recurrence Prevention of Cancer
- Cancer Vaccines
- Reporting Treatment Side Effects & Discomfort to the Health Care Team
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Logistics, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Follow-Up Care: What to Expect
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Mark G. Kris, MD
William and Joy Ruane Chair in Thoracic Oncology, Attending Physician, Thoracic Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
Kamel Abou Hussein, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Medical Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Co-Director of the Janet Knowles Breast Cancer Program, Director of Breast Cancer Clinical Trials, MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
Gregory A. Daniels, MD, PhD
Professor of Medicine, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center
Ahmed Sawas, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine and Experimental Therapeutics, Center of Lymphoid Malignancies, Division of Experimental Therapeutics, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop