Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Thursday, April 13, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Discussion of the Progress in the Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- Current Standard of Care, including Clinical Trial Updates
- New & Emerging Treatments
- The Role of Transplantation
- Preventing & Managing Treatment Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Reducing Complications of Bone Disease
- Talking with Your Treatment Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, in the Context of COVID-19 & Omicron Variants
- Lifestyle, Physical Activity, and Balance Concerns, with Practical Tips
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine, including Technology, List of Questions, Follow-Up Care, and Discussion of the 2021 Care’s Act
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Matthew J. Butler, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, Mays MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT Health San Antonio
Monique Hartley-Brown, MD, MMSc
Attending Physician, Jerome Lipper Multiple Myeloma Center, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Elizabeth K. O’Donnell, MD
Clinical Director of Early Detection and Prevention of Cancer, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop