Q. I was diagnosed with cancer in 2017 and need dentures and an eye exam. Are there organizations that can assist? If you can help me find an organization who will help me so I can have my self confidence again, I would really appreciate it.
I am sorry to hear about your dental and vision struggles for the past couple of years. Here are possible resources for both the vision and dental that you can explore.
- Dental Lifeline Network - Select your state and see what programs are available
- American Dental Association - Get information on volunteer dentist programs, as well as find a dentist in your area
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research - Find resources and suggestions on how to get dental services
- New Eyes for the Needy (973-376-4903) - Purchases new prescription eyeglasses through a voucher program for children and adults in the United States who cannot afford glasses on their own. Client must work through a social worker, case worker or agency to submit an application. Applications must be submitted with a copy of a recent eye prescription (applicants must have had their eyes examined within the past 12 months)
- Lions Club International - Get assistance (grant) or find possible resources
Both Dental and Vision
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Centers
- Remote Area Medical - Provides mobile medical clinics for medical, dental and vision services
- National Association of Free and Charitable Clinics - Search for free and charitable clinics in your area