Q. I've been having trouble paying my co-pays. I am self employed and with the downturn in the economy my business is way down. Where can I go to find some help?
Direct financial assistance for co-pays is limited, but it does exist. The following non-profit organizations provide help for expenses such as drug co-payments, deductibles, and other medical costs. Each program has its own eligibility requirements, so please contact them to learn more.
- CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation
- Patient Access Network Foundation
- Healthwell Foundation
- Patient Advocate Foundation’s Co-Pay Relief Program
- Patient Services Incorporated
- National Organization for Rare Disorders
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
In addition, the Partnership for Prescription Assistance has a comprehensive database of pharmaceutical companies that offer their medications at little or no cost to those who qualify.