Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Ovarian Cancer, including Staging
- How Precision Medicine & Testing Inform Your Treatment Decisions
- The Role of the Pathologist
- Current Standard of Care
- New Treatment Approaches & Follow-Up Care
- The Role of the Genetic Counselor
- Treatment Options for Recurrent Ovarian Cancer
- Clinical Trial Updates
- Managing Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Talking with Your Treatment Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Key Questions to Ask
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Follow-Up Care
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Carolyn D. Runowicz, MD
Executive Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Florida International University, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Molly Brewer, DVM, MD, MS
Professor and Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Carole and Ray Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Connecticut Health Center
Andrea Hagemann, MD
Gynecologic Oncology Surgeon, Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine
Sarah E. Kerr, MD
Pathologist, Hospital Pathology Associates, P.A., Divisions of Cytopathology; Gynecologic and Perinatal Pathology; Molecular Diagnostic, Lead Pathologist for Next Generation Sequencing Development and Practice, Allina Health Laboratory (A Part of Abbott Northwestern Hospital)
Kara R. Schoeffel, MS, CGC
Licensed Certified Genetic Counselor, Department of Clinical Genomics, Mayo Clinic
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork: Please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(79.1 KB)