Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of HER2-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Biomarker, Genomic & Diagnostic Testing: Grade and Hormone Receptors
- Standard Treatment Options, including Targeted Therapy
- How Biomarker Testing Informs Treatment Decisions
- New & Emerging Targeted Treatments
- Updates on Investigational New Drugs in Clinical Trials
- How Research Contributes to Your Treatment Options
- What’s New in the Prevention & Management of Treatment Side Effects, Discomfort & Long-Term Effects
- The Increasing Role of Telemedicine/Telehealth Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telemedicine/ Telehealth Appointments, including Technology, List of Questions & OpenNotes Discussion
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Generosa Grana, MD, FACP
Medical Director, MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, Division Head, Hematology & Medical Oncology, The Cooper Health System, Professor of Medicine, Cooper Medical School at Rowan University
Minetta C. Liu, MD
Professor and Research Chair, Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Oncology, Consultant, Division of Anatomic Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Medical Director, Office of Specialty Collaborations and Contracts, Co-Leader, Genomics in Action Strategic Priority, Center for Individualized Medicine, Mayo Clinic
Sara A. Hurvitz, MD, FACP
Professor of Medicine, Director, Breast Cancer Clinical Trials Program, Division of Hematology-Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Medical Director, Clinical Research Unit, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
Jennifer M. Matro, MD
Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, University of California San Diego Health
Lauren Chatalian, MSW
Women & Children’s Program Manager, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork: Please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program
You can download the brochure for this workshop(75.7 KB)