Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, October 7, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Metastatic Breast Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Current Standard of Care
- New Treatment Approaches
- Updates on Clinical Trials
- How Clinical Research Increases Your Treatment Options
- Biomarkers, Diagnostic Testing & Technologies: Why They Are Important in Informing Treatment Decisions
- Side Effect, Symptom, Discomfort & Pain Management
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines for Preparing for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, List of Questions & OpenNotes Discussion
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Erica L. Mayer, MD, MPH
Senior Physician, Breast Oncology Center, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Jennifer M. Matro, MD
Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, University of California San Diego Health
Elizabeth Jane Cathcart-Rake, MD
Staff Physician, Hematology/Oncology, Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute, Saint Luke’s Cancer Specialist in Breast Cancer
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork: Please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(73 KB)