Workshop Date and Time
Monday, September 20, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Mesothelioma, in the Context of COVID-19
- Innovative Multi-Modality Treatment Options, including Chemotherapy, Surgery, Immunotherapy, Targeted Treatments, Radiation & Tumor Treating Fields
- The Role of Clinical Trials
- How Research Increases Treatment Options
- Managing Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life & Lifestyle Concerns
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines for Preparing for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, List of Questions & OpenNotes Discussion
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Richard J. Gralla, MD, FACP
Professor of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Jacobi Medical Center
Hedy Lee Kindler, MD
Professor of Medicine, Medical Director, Gastrointestinal Oncology, Director, Mesothelioma Program, The University of Chicago Medicine
Robert Taylor Ripley, MD
Director, Mesothelioma Treatment Center, Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, Associate Professor of Surgery, Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Member, Baylor College of Medicine, Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center
Zachary D. Horne, MD
Division of Radiation Oncology, Allegheny Health Network Cancer Institute
Mary Hesdorffer, NP
Executive Director, Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation
Elizabeth K. O’Donnell, MD
Director of Life Style Clinic, Massachusetts General Hospital, Associate Director, Mass General Cancer Center’s Survivorship Program, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU). To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(119 KB)