Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Definition of a Caregiver
- What Research Tells Us About Caregivers’ Well Being
- Caregiving for an Older Adult
- Caregiving for a Younger Adult
- Couples, Partners, Siblings and Friends
- Challenges of Caregivers for Cancer Survivors
- Family, Partner and Friend Communication
- Care Coordination Challenges & Tips
- Stresses on Family, Partners, Friends & Loved Ones
- Coping with Holidays, Birthdays & Special Occasions
- Managing Family, Friends, Partners & Traditions
- Long-Distance Caregiving
- Practical Tips for Managing Caregivers’ Stress
- Strategies for Self-Care
- The Increasing Role of Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & Prepared List of Questions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Barbara A. Given, PhD, RN, FAAN, FAPOS
University Distinguished Professor, Director of the PhD Program, College of Nursing, Michigan State University
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Tamryn Gray, PhD, RN, MPH
Instructor in Medicine, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(77.2 KB)