Workshop Date and Time
Friday, June 25, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Metastatic Melanoma, including Diagnosing and Staging, in the Context of COVID-19
- New Treatment Approaches
- Targeted Therapy & the Role of Precision Medicine
- The Role of Immunotherapy
- Clinical Trial Updates, in the Context of COVID-19
- Follow-Up Care
- Tips for Caring for Your Skin During Cancer Treatments
- Controlling Side Effects, Symptoms & Pain
- Key Questions to Ask When Communicating with Your Health Care Team
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & List of Prepared Questions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Gregory A. Daniels, MD, PhD
Professor of Medicine, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center
Richard D. Carvajal, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Co-Leader, Precision Oncology and Systems Biology Program, Director, Experimental Therapeutics, Director, Melanoma Service, Columbia University Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
Mario E. Lacouture, MD
Director, Oncodermatology Program, Dermatology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Professor of Dermatology; Weill Cornell Medicine
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(83.8 KB)