Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Marginal Zone Lymphoma (MZL), including Staging and Location, in the Context of COVID-19
- Subtypes of Marginal Zone Lymphoma
- Review of Treatment Options
- Treatment for Relapsed/Refractory Marginal Zone Lymphoma
- Managing Treatment Side Effects, Symptoms & Discomfort
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team
- The Important Role of Clinical Trials, in the Context of COVID-19
- How Research Contributes to Your Treatment Options
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & Prepared List of Questions
- Quality-of-Life Concerns & Follow-Up Care
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
David J. Straus, MD
Attending Physician, Lymphoma Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Clinical Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
Sarah C. Rutherford, MD
John P. Leonard, MD/Gwirtzman Family Research Scholar in Lymphoma, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(78.2 KB)