Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Immunotherapy, in the Context of COVID-19
- Harnessing the Immune System in Treating Cancer
- Clinical Trial Updates
- How Research Contributes to Your Treatment Options
- Examples of Immunotherapy in Prevention, Treatment and Recurrence Prevention of Cancer
- Cancer Vaccines
- Reporting Treatment Side Effects & Discomfort to the Health Care Team
- Follow-Up Care: What to Expect
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & List of Questions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Mark G. Kris, MD
William and Joy Ruane Chair in Thoracic Oncology, Attending Physician, Thoracic Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
Gregory A. Daniels, MD, PhD
Professor of Medicine, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center
Ahmed Sawas, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine and Experimental Therapeutics, Center of Lymphoid Malignancies, Division of Experimental Therapeutics, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York-Presbyterian Hospital
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(83.3 KB)