Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Bladder Cancer, including Staging and Grading, in the Context of COVID-19
- Standard of Care
- New Treatment Approaches
- Update on Clinical Trials
- How Research Increases Your Treatment Options
- The Role of Diagnostic Technologies, Genomics & Precision Medicine
- Targeted Treatments
- Predicting Response to Treatment
- The Emerging Role of Immunotherapy
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Follow-Up Care Appointments & Plans
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Nutrition & Hydration Concerns & Tips
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Song Zhao, MD, PhD
Medical Oncology, Swedish Cancer Institute
Robert S. Svatek, MD, MSCI
Professor, Acting Chair, Department of Urology, Mays Cancer Center at UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Stephanie Chisolm, PhD
Director of Education and Research, Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN)
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(99.8 KB)