Workshop Date and Time
Monday, May 3, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS), in the Context of COVID-19
- Diagnosis & Staging
- Current Standard of Care
- New & Emerging Treatment Approaches
- The Role of Clinical Trials
- Tips to Manage Symptoms, Side Effects & Discomfort
- Nutrition & Hydration Concerns & Tips
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team during Telehealth Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth Appointments including Technology & List of Questions
- Next Step After Treatment - Follow-Up Care
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Ruben A. Mesa, MD, FACP
Director, Mays Cancer Center at UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson, Mays Family Foundation Distinguished University Presidential Chair, Professor of Medicine, UT Health San Antonio Cancer Center – An NCI Designated Cancer Center
Rami Komrokji, MD
Senior Member & Professor of Oncologic Sciences, Section Head – Leukemia and MDS, Vice Chair – Malignant Hematology Department, Moffitt Cancer Center
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians:This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(80 KB)