Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Cancer Treatments, in the Context of COVID-19
- Definition of Adherence: Taking Your Pills on Schedule
- Its Important Role in Managing Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Barriers to Taking Your Pills
- Practical Tips to Overcome These Barriers, including Family, Partners and Others
- Computer, Tablet and Phone Reminders including Emails, Texts, and Apps
- Planning Ahead: Lead Time in Refilling Prescriptions, Weekend, Special Occasions and Holidays
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Adherence
- Reminders from Your Pharmacy and Pharmacist
- Clinical Trials on Adherence, in the Context of COVID-19
- Telehealth & Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & List of Questions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Michael K. Wong, MD, PhD, FRCPC
Professor, Cutaneous Cancers, Medical Oncology, Executive Director, Integration and Program Development, Cancer Network, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center Nursing Department, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Guadalupe R. Palos, DrPH, MSW, RN
Clinical Protocol Administration Manager, Office of Cancer Survivorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(77.8 KB)