Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Small Cell Lung Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Standard of Care
- Treatment Options for Recurrent Small Cell Lung Cancer
- The Role of Clinical Trials, in the Context of COVID-19
- How Research Contributes to Your Treatment Options
- Emerging Treatment Approaches
- Tips to Cope with Treatment Side Effects, Symptoms and Pain
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Your Follow-Up Care Plan
- The Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments in Reducing Your Exposure to COVID-19
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments with Your Health Care Team, including Technology & List of Questions
- Talking with Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Nutrition & Hydration Concerns and Tips
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Bob T. Li, MD, MPH
Medical Oncologist, Thoracic Oncology and Early Drug Development Service, Physician Ambassador to China and Asia-Pacific, Bobst International Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Kenneth Rosenzweig, MD
Professor and Chair, Department of Radiation Oncology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, System Chair, Mount Sinai Health System
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Katie Brown, OPN-CG, CCA
Vice President, Support & Survivorship Programs, LUNGevity Foundation
Winfield Boerckel, MSW, MBA
Director Social Service – Long Island, Lung Cancer Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(135 KB)