Workshop Date and Time
Friday, April 9, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Renal Cell Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Current Standard of Care
- New Treatment Approaches
- Targeted Cancer Therapies
- The Role of Clinical Trials, in the Context of COVID-19
- How Research Contributes to Your Treatment Options
- Managing Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort and Pain, in the Context of COVID-19
- Nutrition & Hydration Concerns & Tips
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments in Communicating with Your Health Care Team
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & Making Your List of Questions
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Pavlos Msaouel, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor, Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Chethan Ramamurthy, MD
Medical Oncologist, Genitourinary Oncology Clinic, Urology Department, Mays Cancer Center at UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson Cancer Center
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(77.7 KB)