Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, March 18, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Glioblastoma, in the Context of COVID-19
- Current Standard of Care
- Novel Treatment Approaches
- Electric Field Treatments
- Clinical Trial Updates, in the Context of COVID-19
- How Research Contributes to Your Treatment Options
- Managing Symptoms & Treatment Side Effects
- The Role of Rehabilitation Medicine
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments with Your Health Care Team, including Technology & List of Questions
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Jeffrey N. Bruce, MD, FACS
Edgar M. Housepian Professor of Neurological Surgery, Vice Chairman of Academic Affairs, NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, Director, Bartoli Brain Tumor Research Laboratory, Co-Director, Brain Tumor Center
Eric T. Wong, MD, FANA
Associate Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Director of the Neuro-Oncology Unit, Co-Director, Brain Tumor Center, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Chairman, Brain Tumor Foundation
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(130 KB)