Workshop Date and Time
Monday, March 22, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Follicular Lymphoma, in the Context of COVID-19
- Treatment Options for Newly Diagnosed
- Treatment Options for Relapsed/Refractory Disease
- Clinical Trial Updates
- How Research Contributes to Your Treatment Options
- New & Emerging Treatments
- Factors that May Affect Treatment Planning
- Side Effect Prevention & Management
- Tips to Improve Communicating with Your Health Care Team
- The Importance of Communication, in the Context of COVID-19, with the Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & List of Questions
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team
- Practical and Psychosocial Support to Cope with Follicular Lymphoma
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Peter Martin, MD
Chief, Lymphoma Program, Associate Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medicine, Associate Attending Physician, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
John M. Pagel, MD, PhD, DSc
Chief of Hematologic Malignancies Program, Director, Stem Cell Transplantation, Swedish Cancer Institute
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(77.8 KB)