Workshop Date and Time
Friday, January 29, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Thyroid Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Diagnosis & Staging
- Updates on Treatment Options
- Clinical Trials Updates
- New Treatment Approaches for Refractory Thyroid Cancer
- Managing Treatment Side Effects, Discomfort & Pain
- The Importance of Communicating with Your Health Care Team: Key Questions to Ask
- The Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & Making Your List of Questions
- Nutrition & Hydration Concerns & Tips
- Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Your Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions to Ask Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Jennifer R. Cracchiolo, MD
Assistant Attending Surgeon, Head and Neck Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College
Krzysztof Misiukiewicz, MD, MSCR
Associate Professor of Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology, Assistant Professor, Otolaryngology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Mount Sinai Hospital
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare®
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork: Please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(75.8 KB)