Workshop Date and Time
Monday, November 9, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Flu Vaccines, in the Context of COVID-19
- Why Flu Vaccine Equity Has Never Been More Important for People Living with Cancer
- Taking Your Flu Vaccine on Schedule: Adherence
- Communicating with Diverse Patient Populations about the Important Role of Flu Vaccines
- Concerns about Safety of Flu Shots
- Benefits of Flu Shots
- The Increasing Role of Telemedicine/Telehealth Appointments
- Suggestions to Prepare for These Appointments to Increase Their Benefit for You
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Flu Shots
- Questions to Ask Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Michael K. Wong, MD, PhD, FRCPC
Professor, Cutaneous Cancers, Medical Oncology, Executive Director, Integration and Program Development, Cancer Network The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Robert H. Hopkins, Jr., MD, MACP, FAAP
Professor of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, Director, Division of General Internal Medicine, UAMS College of Medicine
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Laura Lee Hall, PhD
President, Center for Sustainable Health Care Quality and Equity, National Minority Quality Forum
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork: Please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(91.6 KB)