Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Lung Cancer & Current Standard of Care, in the Context of COVID-19
- The Role of Chemotherapy, Radiation Oncology & Targeted Cancer Therapies
- New Treatment Approaches
- The Role of Precision Medicine in Informing Treatment Options
- How Clinical Trials Contribute to Treatment Options
- Managing Side Effects, Symptoms & Pain
- The Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments in Reducing Your Exposure to COVID-19
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team
- Nutritional Concerns and Tips
- The Important Role of Movement
- Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Bob T. Li, MD, MPH
Medical Oncologist, Thoracic Oncology and Early Drug Development Service, Physician Ambassador to China and Asia-Pacific, Bobst International Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
W. Victoria Lai, MD
Assistant Attending Physician, Thoracic Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Kenneth Rosenzweig, MD
Professor and Chair, Department of Radiation Oncology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, System Chair, Mount Sinai Health System
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Donna Wilson, RN, MSN, RRT
Clinical Fitness Specialist, Integrative Medicine Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Founder & Head Coach, Empire Dragon Boat Team, BCS/ACS
Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications, LUNGevity Foundation
Winfield Boerckel, MSW, MBA
Director Social Service – Long Island, Lung Cancer Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(136 KB)